Pages

advert

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Wenger - We still have steel in our side





Despite suffering two major defeats in the past week, Arsène Wenger is not doubting the steel of his side.

Arsenal were knocked out of the FA Cup by Manchester United on Saturday evening. The 2-0 loss came just days after Barcelona had ensured their Champions League exit at the Nou Camp.

However Wenger’s men are still chasing the Premier League title and, in the wake of a costly week, the manager remains confident in their fortitude.

"Yes we have it,” said the Frenchman. “I don't question that. We played Wednesday against Leyton Orient, Saturday against Sunderland, Tuesday against Barcelona with ten men and against Man United.

“It's a very, very difficult schedule. It's been very difficult for the players but they have never shown any sign of weakness mentally. Even on Saturday they have put in absolutely every effort and can only be proud of how much they fought.”

However Wenger accepts that, having gone from four competitions to one in a fortnight, he is under greater scrutiny than ever before this season.

"I question myself always, don't worry,” said the manager. “But If I listened to everybody then it would be a miracle that we are still playing for the title with ten games to go.

“Nobody in England believed we could even fight for the top four. The fact we are in the position we are in I think deserves a lot of credit.

"I don't know [if winning it now would be my greatest achievement]. I let other people judge my performances. The only thing I can say is that I'm ready to give absolutely everything to do it.

“I’m confident we will but we need now to work to recover."

No comments:

Post a Comment

iClickMate

Free Automatic Backlink